The rural team provides specialist planning advice to:
- Landowners of major rural estates.
- Farmers seeking alternative uses for their landholdings and buildings.
- Housebuilders and other developers considering development of land at the urban fringe.
- Other development in the open countryside.
Rural Team Services
Our core planning services include:
- A planning assessment of the prospects of obtaining planning permission
- Acting as the planning manager to lead the planning negotiations and to co-ordinate other specialist consultants.
- If necessary acting as the expert planning witness at a planning appeal as well as directly instructing Counsel.
- We undertake all applications that add value – ranging from varying agricultural occupancy conditions enabling occupation of farm buildings for non-agricultural uses, to large scale estate development strategies.
- Working with our historic buildings and archaeology teams in the assessment of the impact of the development on the site’s heritage assets.
Key Rural Team Clients
Sundial Group / Hereford College of Technology / The Glympton Estate and John Ford Estates / Ascot Place Estate and the Elveden Estate