Retail And Leisure Team
The team provides the specialist planning advice to clients who specifically seek to develop or use land and buildings for:
- Out of town retail and restaurant and indoor leisure uses.
- Town centre retail and restaurant uses
- Indoor leisure operators.
- Hotels and or conference centres.
Our retail and leisure team undertake on behalf of our retail and leisure clients the following core planning services:
- Planning assessments of the prospects of obtaining planning permission for retail and leisure use(s).
- Advising on the planning strategy to maximise the prospects of obtaining the sought planning permission.
- Undertaking sequential and impact test assessments for retail, leisure and other "town centre uses" that are proposed outside town centres.
- Varying planning conditions to enable the occupation of a unit for a specific operator.
- Negotiating planning permission for corporate signage and shop fronts.
- Negotiating planning permission for new development, including the associated planning agreements.
- Acting as the expert witnesses at planning appeals.
Tesco / Marks and Spencer / Waitrose / Costco / Ikea / Toys R Us / Boots / Next / Land Securities / Augur Buchler