The commercial team provides specialist planning advice to:
- Industrial and warehouse occupiers and developers.
- Office and research and development/hi technology occupiers.
- Developers of business parks and town centre offices.
- Investors in industrial, office and warehouse developments.
Commercial Team Services
We undertake all applications that add value for our commercial clients – ranging from varying planning conditions to enable occupation for specific industrial/office use or other uses such as trade counter sales, to the development of new bespoke office, industrial and logistics floorspace and data centres..
We are frequently involved in persuading planning authorities to grant permission for alternative non-B Class uses such as car showrooms and residential, and to B8 from B1/B2 where the Council is concerned about low employment generation. We also have expertise in undertaking employment land availability studies.
Our core planning services include:
- Planning assessments of the prospects of obtaining planning permission for office, industrial and warehouse use(s).
- Acting as the planning manager so as to lead the planning negotiations and to co-ordinate other specialist consultants.
- If necessary acting as the expert planning witness at planning appeal as well as directly instructing Counsel.
- Advising on planning strategy to maximise the prospects of obtaining the sought permissions.
- Project management of environmental impact assessments working with other specialist consultants.
Key Commercial Clients
Napp Pharmaceuticals / LV=Asset Management / Royal Mail / CBRE Investors / Helioslough / SEGRO