The archaeology team are the leading providers of independent advice to land owners and developers. Free of links to local authority departments and field units, our professional approach and extensive contacts ensure that clients' interests are dealt with effectively and a balance between the often conflicting demands of profitable development and conservation is achieved. Our input from the site acquisition or project scoping stage can ensure that unexpected delays and extra costs are avoided.
Core archaeology services include:
- Advice on and the discharge of planning conditions.
- Desk based assessments.
- Historic landscape characterisation including buildings and hedgerows.
- Preparation of briefs for field work.
- Specification, tendering and project management of field evaluations and excavations.
- Advice on the need for, cost and duration of works.
- Expert evidence at Planning Inquiries.
- Industrial and military archaeological advice.
- Review of development plan policies and boundaries of designated or proposed sites of archaeological interest.
Taylor Wimpey / Berkeley Homes / Hallam Land Management / McCarthy and Stone / Land Securities / Prologis